Alfred Nobel: The Man Behind The Peace Prize

“Alfred Nobel: The Man Behind The Peace Prize”

“Alfred Nobel: The Man Behind The Peace Prize” is a book about the creation of dynamite and the Nobel Prizes, written by Kathy-Jo Wargin and illustrated by Zachery Pullen. The story told us about the origins of the Nobel Prizes, which came to be after Alfred created dynamite, leading to an accident that killed his brother, along with 4 other people. Two years after the accident, a newspaper was published with the headlines being about Alfred’s death, which was mistaken with his brother. The paper said that Alfred had created a weapon, something that he had not intended the dynamite to be. On Alfred’s will, he wrote a statement saying that his house will be used for what is now known as the Nobel Prizes. I think that this story was informative, and the pictures were interesting to look at because of the crazy amount of detail. Before reading this book, I had no idea who made the Nobel Prizes, nor the story behind it. For all my life, I believed that it was the “Noble” Prizes, and not “Nobel” so this story cleared some things up. Personally, I enjoyed the story because of the information, the art, and probably because I also like history.